Smart file system
Tutorials and Articles
How to transform SWF Flash Projects into EXE applications?
This tutorial will show you what you should do to create standard
windowed and transparent EXE applications out of SWF flash projects.
Do the following to create an EXE application:
- Open Chameleon Flash. If you do not have it, you can download
it at http://www.chameleonflash.com/
- Click New to create a new project with the help of the Wizard.
Specify the following information in the New Project wizard:
- Application type: EXE application
- Application name: Enter the name “My first
- Application publisher: Specify your name
- Application files: Specify the path to the SWF file(s) of your
flash project you want to transform into EXE
- Application appearance: Specify one of the window
styles for your application
- Standard Window: It is a resizable window containing a border
around it and a caption with the minimize/maximize/close buttons.
- Non-resizable Window: It is a non-resizable window containing
a border around it and a caption with the minimize/maximize/close
- Window-less: It is a windowless application displaying the flash
- Transparent: It is a windowless application completely
based on the image of the SWF file with the full transparency support.
- Full-screen: Set this option if you want to launch the application
in fullscreen mode.
If you want something more customizable, you can open the project
editor after you complete the wizard.
- Flash Player: Specify the oldest version of Flash Player that
can be used to start the application.
- Custom Application Icon: If you want to set your own icon for
your application, specify the path to the ICO file with
an icon or with a group of icons. Chameleon
Flash supports icons and groups of icons in any formats with any
color palette and alpha channels.
- Output application file: Specify where the final
executable EXE file of the menu should be saved to
- Click Finish.
- Click Save to save the project.
- Click Preview to view the application.
- Close the Preview window and click Compile to compile the application.
- You can use the Run button to run the application after the compilation.