Smart file system
Tutorials and Articles
How to transform SWF Flash Projects into SCR screensavers?
This tutorial will show you what you should do to transform your
SWF flash projects into full-featured SCR screensavers.
Do the following to create a SCR screensaver:
- Open Chameleon Flash. If you do not have it, you can download
it at http://www.chameleonflash.com/
- Click New to create a new project with the help of the Wizard.
Specify the following information in the New Project wizard:
- Application type: SCR screensaver
- Application name: Enter the name “My first screensaver ”
- Application publisher: Specify your name
- Application files: Specify the path to the SWF file(s) of your
flash project you want to transform into screensaver
- Settings menu: If you want to show a SWF file when the user
opens the screensaver settings menu, specify the path to it.
- Terminate the screensaver when: Specify the conditions when
the screensaver must be terminated.
- Flash Player: Specify the oldest version of Flash Player that
can be used to start the application.
- Custom Application Icon: If you want to set your own icon for
your screensaver, specify the path to the ICO file with an icon
or with a group of icons. Chameleon Flash
supports icons and groups of icons in any formats with any color
palette and alpha channels.
- Output application file: Specify where the final executable
EXE file of the menu should be saved to
- Click Finish.
- Click Save to save the project.
- Click Preview to view the screensaver.
- Close the Preview window and click Compile to compile the screensaver.
- To install a screensaver in the system, just copy the compiled
SCR file (including the DAT file if you choose to pack files separately)
to the System32 subdirectory of the directory where the Windows
operating system is installed. If you want to create an installer
for your screensaver, you should open the Project Editor and configure
it in the Screensaver Installer menu. An installer is the most
user-friendly and comfortable way to distribute the screensaver.
Once started, it will automatically install the screensaver on
the user's computer and enable it. If the user would suddenly like
to remove the screensaver, he can easily do it using the uninstaller
coming together with the screensaver.